couples about where and how to apply for a Marriage
license. High Desert residents may apply for their
Marriage License at the High Desert Government Center.
Their address is:
High Desert Government Center
15900 Smoketree Lane
Hesperia, CA 92345
Monday through Friday: 8:30 am to 3:30 pm (by appointment only)
Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday: 8 am to 11 am / 2 pm to 3:30pm (walk-ins)
Save yourself some aggravation and call for an appointment.
Sometimes there is a long wait and they may just tell you to come
back with an appointment.
When you go:
- Take Valid ID (not expired)
- Bride and Groom must apply together
- License is good for 90 days
- Blood Tests are not required
The questions on the form include:
- Bride and Grooms full name
- Date of Birth
- Location of Birth (State or Country)
- Date of Divorce if previously married
- Bride and Groom Address
- Names of Parents (Mother’s maiden name)
- Parents Birthplace (State or Country)
- New last name (usually Bride changes name)
There are 2 types of Marriage Licenses
Regular Public Marriage License $89.00
- Open to Public records
- May be used anywhere in State of California
- Atleast One witness required
Confidential Marriage License $90.00
- Not open to Public records
- Copies issued to the couple only
- Ceremony must take place in San Bernardino County
- No witnesses required
- Couple must be living together as Husband and Wife
The Officiant will mail the Marriage License to the County Recorder to be filed. About 2-4 weeks after the Wedding Ceremony, you can obtain a copy of your Marriage License where you applied for it.
There is a fee of $14 plus a $4 processing fee. You will need a copy to take to the DMV and to the Social Security Office to update and change your name.
Hope this helps!
If not, give me a call or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pastor Gina Wind